Our guest lecturer on Tuesday, January 31st will be Jessica Kourkounis. Jessica is currently a Philadelphia-based freelance photographer specializing in documentary, editorial and portraiture work. She regularly photographs for daily newspapers around the country including The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times and The Washington Post; as well as magazines such as Time, The Art Economist and ESPN the Magazine.
Have a few questions for Jessica prepared before class.
Shooting Script Exercise:
- Type a list of pictures you anticipate taking based on your ideas you submitted to me when you shoot your subject(s).
- Consider what might best tell the beginning, middle and end of the story.
- Consider what objects need to be included to tell the story.
- Consider what actions need to be shown to tell the story.
- Draw out or describe the visuals of between 7 and 10 frames you plan to use in your photo story
- Focus on how things will be placed in the frame visually
- Incorporate some photography techniques as described during today’s class
- Incorporate some or all of the photo types listed on the “key photos” slide
Submit these to me by next class. Any questions, feel free to e-mail me or leave it in the comments.