March 2012 Photo Night
Featuring Jessica Kourkounis
March 28, 2012 at 8pm
Pen & Pencil Club
Please join us at the Pen & Pencil Club, at 1522 Latimer Street, on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 for a Photo Night featuring the work of Philadelphia photographer Jessica Kourkounis. The event will start at 8pm and Kourkounis will share work from her series “Life in the 7400 Block.”
We have a special guest speaker for class on March 1st, 2012. Marc Steel is a Web Developer for North American Publishing, former Adjunct Professor at Temple and Web Master for the Philadelphia City Paper.
Marc will be presenting current trends for Journalists using the web, how best to market yourself, what you should know about the web, and some basics in coding, HTML and CSS.
Have questions prepared for our guest speaker tomorrow.
Just a reminder, your audio slideshow projects are due on the 14th. Happy Valentines Day!
A complete audio slideshow project must be submitted and posted to the class blog BEFORE CLASS and includes ALL of the following:
- * A project brief. You can find the separate sheet describing the project brief on blackboard, or the class blog located at mmstorysp2012.wordpress.com. Click the “Course Documents” tab. (10 points)
- * A storyboard: laying out your ideas and types of shots in sequence with your audio. This is normally done visually, drawn out in frames with notes and an explanation for your reasoning for ordering your photos and audio. (5 points)
- * A completed script. You can find an example of an audio slide show script format on blackboard or the class blog located at mmstorysp2012.wordpress.com. Click the ‘Course Documents’ tab. (5 points)
- * A source list. Names, e-mails and phone numbers of anyone interviewed. (10 points)
(items with marked with an asterisk [*], please print them out and hand them to me in class)
- A finished slideshow made in Final Cut Pro, properly compressed for web and uploaded to Vimeo and properly embedded in a new post to the class blog. (70 points)
If you’re confused on ANY part of this process, please refer to the how-to-guides, tip sheets, and other materials from class under “COURSE DOCUMENTS”.
Good luck, and should any problems or questions arise, e-mail me as EARLY as you can. I hate last minute e-mails; it gets too crazy to answer everyone at once.
Your audio slideshow projects are now due on the 14th of February.
Please make the following changes to your week by week grid:
2/2: Photo editing basics in Adobe Photoshop
2/7: Making audio slideshows in Final Cut Pro, uploading to Vimeo, basic HTML editing and linking to WordPress.
2/9: Open Lab day.
2/14: Projects are Due before class. Class critiques. Begin research on Video project.
From now on, our class meets in Tuttleman 4 as opposed to Tuttleman 9, same time and same days. Take note!